Digital Learning Designer
£34K-£37K Basic Salary
A truly amazing opportunity for an experienced, imaginative, and courageous Digital Learning Designer, to lead the design of innovative digital learning solutions for a third sector organisation working with animals. If you have a passion for creating engaging learning content and love animals, this could be the perfect role for you! You will have the opportunity to be involved at all stages of the course development cycle and you will be helping to shape the organisations new digital learning strategy and design process.
This job aligns to the LPI’s Capability Map see how
- Consult with stakeholders and subject matter expects across the organisation to understand the learning requirements
- Lead the design of engaging digital and blended learning solutions
- Facilitate workshops to scope the learner pathways and discuss design ideas
- Produce storyboards and contribute to the writing of the learning content
- Use H5P plugin to develop eLearning content on the company’s LMS
- Provide day-to-day maintenance of the organisation’s learning platform, e.g. liaise with external supplier
- Ensure content is produced on time and to a high quality
- Review the learning content and make adaptations if necessary
- Strong attention to detail
- Creative flair, with a passion for learning
- Ability to understand complex subjects quickly
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to consult with stakeholders
- Excellent time management skills and organisational skills
- Strong understanding of authoring tools, e.g. Articulate Storyline and Rise or H5P plugins
- 2-3 years experience within a Digital Learning Designer role or similar
- Experience of consulting with stakeholders about their learning requirements
- Experience of carrying out instructional design processes and creating clear scripts and storyboards
- Experience of project managing a learning solution from inception to delivery
- Experience of developing eLearning content using authoring tools
- Experience in the Human or Animal Healthcare industry is desirable
- Qualifications related to learning design or content development are desirable
LPI Capability Map
This role aligns to the following competencies on the LPI’s Capability Map. If you plan to apply for this job, it will help your application to submit your Capability Map Competency Profile, in addition to your CV.
Design and develop solutions
Create and manage content
(Co-)Creating relevant learning content using sound learning design principles, and ensuring content is aligned with needs analysis and learning solution design and assessment strategy. Editing content when required to maintain, accuracy and relevance.
Design and develop solutions
(Co-)Designing and developing learning experiences and solutions that include appropriate formal and informal learning solutions, resources and performance support, ensuring that business, performance and learner requirements are met.
Initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing the work of teams on L&D projects to achieve goals and meet success criteria.