Learning Experience Designer
£50K–£60K Basic Salary
Would you like to work for one of the UK’s most creative and innovative digital and blended learning providers? This exciting position is for someone who wants to flex their creative muscles by designing and storyboarding great learning solutions. Collaborating with client stakeholders and your team members, you won’t be limited by technology, so you can bring your storytelling to life!
This job aligns to the LPI’s Capability Map see how
- Engage and collaborate with client stakeholders to analyse and address learner challenges and discuss learning objectives
- Communicate with the functional team to come up with exciting concepts
- Work with developers to create templates you need if they do not yet exist
- Have a strong grasp on the functionalities whilst possessing a drive to develop new ideas
- Create presentations to walk clients through initial ideas in an engaging way
- Produce scripts, crafting briefs and process flows to effectively communicate your design to the development team
- Adept at scoping, designing and storyboarding innovative and engaging learning (not content development)
- Enjoy brainstorming and possess the skills to map out your ideas in scripts and design documents
- Skilled in producing learner journeys involving gamification and/or virtual reality
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Strong understanding of Instructional Design
- Strong interpersonal skills and not scared to ask questions
- Several years of experience managing external stakeholders and communicating effectively with clients throughout the process
- Designing and writing digital and blended learning programmes and content
- Analysing requirements to an expert level
- A familiarisation with a range of design tools within a working environment is desirable
- Degree level or equivalent is desirable
- Certifications in relevant areas are desirable
LPI Capability Map
This role aligns to the following competencies on the LPI’s Capability Map. If you plan to apply for this job, it will help your application to submit your Capability Map Competency Profile, in addition to your CV.
Design and develop solutions
Create and manage content
(Co-)Creating relevant learning content using sound learning design principles, and ensuring content is aligned with needs analysis and learning solution design and assessment strategy. Editing content when required to maintain, accuracy and relevance.
Gathering, verifying, adding meaning to, organising and sharing information/resources to serve a defined learning- or performance-related purpose. Using digital tools and non-digital /manual techniques to achieve this.
Design and develop solutions
(Co-)Designing and developing learning experiences and solutions that include appropriate formal and informal learning solutions, resources and performance support, ensuring that business, performance and learner requirements are met.