Senior Digital Learning Designer
£35K-£45K Basic Salary
|Role||Learning content development|
An outstanding opportunity for a confident, creative and courageous Senior Digital Learning Designer, to join an innovative and forward-thinking organisation! You will work closely with external clients from large global brands, having the opportunity to identify and clarify their requirements and shape engaging, effective and highly creative learning solutions.
This job aligns to the LPI’s Capability Map see how
- Lead the design of engaging digital learning content for a variety of subject matters
- Liaise with clients to understand their learning needs
- Collaborate with E-Learning Developers and Graphic Designers to scope a suitable learning solution to propose to the client
- Produce storyboards and write the learning content
- Oversee the development of the digital learning solution
- Ensure content is produced on time, to a high quality and within budget
- Work on multiple projects at one time and communicate with others effectively
- Superior attention to detail
- Creative flair, with a passion for learning
- Superb commercial awareness
- Ability to understand diverse subjects quickly
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to present to external stakeholders and to internal teams
- Excellent time management skills and organisational skills
- Strong understanding of authoring tools and technical knowledge of LMS/LXPs
- Understanding of costing and budgets
- 4-5 years experience within a Digital Learning Designer role or similar
- Experience of consulting with external clients about their learning requirements
- Experience of carrying out instructional design processes and creating clear scripts and storyboards
- Educated to degree level or equivalent is desirable
LPI Capability Map
This role aligns to the following competencies on the LPI’s Capability Map. If you plan to apply for this job, it will help your application to submit your Capability Map Competency Profile, in addition to your CV.
Design and develop solutions
Create and manage content
(Co-)Creating relevant learning content using sound learning design principles, and ensuring content is aligned with needs analysis and learning solution design and assessment strategy. Editing content when required to maintain, accuracy and relevance.
Design and develop solutions
(Co-)Designing and developing learning experiences and solutions that include appropriate formal and informal learning solutions, resources and performance support, ensuring that business, performance and learner requirements are met.
Initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing the work of teams on L&D projects to achieve goals and meet success criteria.
Performance and impact
Defining, measuring and interpreting learning impact in relation to the organisation’s performance objectives or expectations using a range of quantitative and qualitative methodologies. Evaluation scope includes both impact and effectiveness of learning solutions allows the organisation to take a view on the value that the learning has added.
Strategy and operations
Manage and improve L&D processes
Managing L&D business processes and their continuous improvement.
Manage L&D resources
Ensuring adequate capacity, availability and optimal utilisation of people, facilities and equipment to meet current and future organisational learning requirements and provide a seamless end-to-end customer experience.
Structuring a programme of support and guidance to members of the organisation via mentoring. Supporting development and application of skills by others to help people build successful mentoring relationships.