Learning and Development Manager (18 Month FTC)
£60K Basic Salary + Benefits
|Role||Learning and development management|
|Benefits||Medical insurance, Pension|
An opportunity to join a highly regarded and forward-thinking learning function within professional services seeking a passionate, credible and personable L&D Manager to be responsible for leading the L&D strategy and championing learning initiatives across the business.
This job aligns to the LPI’s Capability Map see how
- Lead and support the oganisation’s L&D Strategy
- Design and facilitate high quality training workshops to internal employees and associates
- Ensure learning is accessible for all employees, including leadership and development training
- Manage the L&D budget effectively
- Ensure the implementation of performance reviews and suggest appropriate learning solutions to help individuals develop their skills
- Support and enable the LMS Coordinator to develop the company’s LMS to ensure all training is tracked and administered accordingly
- Work closely with the HR team to ensure each employee is provided with a high-quality induction programme
- Champion learning across the business
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to liaise with stakeholders
- Passionate about developing talent through engaging learning initiatives
- A strong understanding of learning design principles
- Accurate with strong attention to detail
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working as an LD professional
- Experience of line managing individuals within an LD function
- Experience of designing and delivering high quality training programmes
- Proven experience of consulting with stakeholders to understand and determine the most suitable and effective learning solutions
- Experience of managing an LD budget and forecasting
- Experience working within a professional services organisation
- Educated to degree level or equivalent industry experience
- A CIPD qualification or similar professional training qualification is desirable
LPI Capability Map
This role aligns to the following competencies on the LPI’s Capability Map. If you plan to apply for this job, it will help your application to submit your Capability Map Competency Profile, in addition to your CV.
Design and develop solutions
Design and develop solutions
(Co-)Designing and developing learning experiences and solutions that include appropriate formal and informal learning solutions, resources and performance support, ensuring that business, performance and learner requirements are met.
Facilitate face-to-face learning
Facilitating face-to-face learning events, using engaging facilitation skills to actively involve people in learning, motivate them to adopt desired behaviours and meet agreed session outcomes.
Performance and impact
Resolving workplace performance issues by partnering with customers/clients to provide a systematic analysis of performance gaps, recommending appropriate performance interventions and measuring ensuing business outcomes.
Strategy and operations
Develop L&D capability
Keeping L&D’s capabilities current and future-ready.
Aligning the learning strategy with the business strategy, planning to move the business forward and guiding execution of L&D tactics in line with strategy.
Manage and improve L&D processes
Managing L&D business processes and their continuous improvement.
Manage L&D procurement and finances
Specifying, sourcing, ordering and receiving supplies, services and assets required for L&D activities. Building and maintaining supplier relationships and managing supplier performance. Managing operating and capital budget allocated to L&D.
Manage L&D resources
Ensuring adequate capacity, availability and optimal utilisation of people, facilities and equipment to meet current and future organisational learning requirements and provide a seamless end-to-end customer experience.
Develop continuous learning skills
Supporting individuals to develop self-directed and self-managed learning skills to drive independent, collaborative and networked learning (includes informally, formally, personally, professionally and in the workplace).
Support work teams
Working with line and project managers to help a work team perform by working, collaborating and learning effectively together.