Learning and Development Manager
c£65K Basic Salary
|Role||Learning and development management|
Our client, a fast-growing, forward thinking consultancy firm is seeking an enthusiastic and skilled L&D Manager to join their team. You will have the opportunity to make a real impact, influencing the learning strategy and supporting the business to accomplish their goals, to provide employees with accessible learning anywhere, anytime, enabling the employees to be the best they can be. You will partner with senior stakeholders throughout the business to understand what the challenges are and to determine and design the most suitable learning solutions.
This job aligns to the LPI’s Capability Map see how
- Lead new learning initiatives to support the L&D strategy, from concept to delivery
- Partner with stakeholders across the business to understand challenges and carry out needs analysis
- Design high quality, effective blended learning programmes for internal employees, which can be accessed via classroom and virtual delivery
- Manage the relationship with external suppliers, including sourcing digital learning when suitable
- Facilitate some of the training sessions
- Manage relationships with external suppliers
- Support and manage the digital learning strategy for the organisation, ensuring the learning platform is a success
- Manage the L&D budget
- Manage and help to develop 3 direct reports within the L&D team
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to analyse complex challenges and offer recommendations for solutions, using an evidence-based approach
- Previous experience in a LD Manager role or similar
- Extensive experience of working with senior stakeholders throughout the full learning lifecycle
- Proven track record in designing, planning and delivering a range of blended learning interventions, including classroom, virtual classroom and digital
- Experienced in facilitating training workshops
- Experienced of providing meaningful data, metrics and insight to demonstrate value
- Ability to use learning data to drive business performance
- Experience of being both strategic and tactical within LD
- Experience of leading a small team and helping them to develop, is desirable
- Educated to degree level or equivalent is desirable
- Relevant L&D qualifications, e.g. CIPD is advantageous
LPI Capability Map
This role aligns to the following competencies on the LPI’s Capability Map. If you plan to apply for this job, it will help your application to submit your Capability Map Competency Profile, in addition to your CV.
Design and develop solutions
Design and develop solutions
(Co-)Designing and developing learning experiences and solutions that include appropriate formal and informal learning solutions, resources and performance support, ensuring that business, performance and learner requirements are met.
Facilitate face-to-face learning
Facilitating face-to-face learning events, using engaging facilitation skills to actively involve people in learning, motivate them to adopt desired behaviours and meet agreed session outcomes.
Facilitate live virtual learning
Facilitating interactive virtual-learning events using varied and regular interactive opportunities to encourage participation with the overall aim of meeting the session objectives/outcomes.
Strategy and operations
Develop L&D capability
Keeping L&D’s capabilities current and future-ready.
Aligning the learning strategy with the business strategy, planning to move the business forward and guiding execution of L&D tactics in line with strategy.
Manage and improve L&D processes
Managing L&D business processes and their continuous improvement.
Manage L&D resources
Ensuring adequate capacity, availability and optimal utilisation of people, facilities and equipment to meet current and future organisational learning requirements and provide a seamless end-to-end customer experience.