Senior Learning & Development Manager
c£90K Basic Salary
|Role||Learning and development management|
We have an outstanding opportunity with a highly established, international law firm, who are seeking a passionate and organised Learning and Development Manager to contribute towards the firm's global vision, by enabling their employees to acquire the skills and capabilities to be successful. The Senior L&D Manager is responsible for partnering with the HR team to identify learning and development requirements across the business. The role is also responsible for the leading a team of L&D Managers; developing capability and acting as a coach and mentor to enable their team to drive one firm learning.
This job aligns to the LPI’s Capability Map see how
- Oversee the design of high impact, innovative and engaging learning solutions to drive business performance and grow capability in an international organisation
- Consult with the senior stakeholders within the business to determine the learning strategy
- Gain a strong understanding of the learning needs within the business and identify the firm’s capability priorities
- Lead, coach develop and motivate a team of experienced learning specialists
- Allocate projects and priorities to the team which align to and deliver the L&D strategy
- Manage the learning budget across agreed regions, forecasting spend and ensuring ROI
- Source, manage and maintain relationships with third party suppliers
- Facilitate learning, both virtual and classroom for the Learning Academy
- Excellent communication skills, with experience of consulting with international, internal and external stakeholders
- Highly organised, driven, and proactive individual with a pragmatic point of view
- An interest in the latest learning technologies and learning theories
- A relationship builder who is highly adept at internal stakeholder and third party management
- Skilled in consulting; identifying, analysing, planning and delivering priority projects
- Minimum of 5 years experience in an LD Manager role or similar
- Proven track record in designing, planning and delivering a range of learning interventions to drive business performance
- Experience of managing change in a complex organisation
- Ability to use learning data to drive business performance
- Experience of leading a team of experienced learning professionals
- Educated to degree level or equivalent is desirable
- Relevant L&D qualifications, e.g. CIPD or ILM are advantageous
LPI Capability Map
This role aligns to the following competencies on the LPI’s Capability Map. If you plan to apply for this job, it will help your application to submit your Capability Map Competency Profile, in addition to your CV.
Design and develop solutions
Create and manage content
(Co-)Creating relevant learning content using sound learning design principles, and ensuring content is aligned with needs analysis and learning solution design and assessment strategy. Editing content when required to maintain, accuracy and relevance.
Design and develop solutions
(Co-)Designing and developing learning experiences and solutions that include appropriate formal and informal learning solutions, resources and performance support, ensuring that business, performance and learner requirements are met.
Engaging, empowering and accelerating individuals, groups and organisations to facilitate their optimal change journey in a sustainable way that positively affects performance. Building individual resilience and organisational agility during episodic and continuous change.
Initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing the work of teams on L&D projects to achieve goals and meet success criteria.
Performance and impact
Leveraging data-enabled decisions to improve people and organisational performance.
Defining, measuring and interpreting learning impact in relation to the organisation’s performance objectives or expectations using a range of quantitative and qualitative methodologies. Evaluation scope includes both impact and effectiveness of learning solutions allows the organisation to take a view on the value that the learning has added.
Strategy and operations
Develop L&D capability
Keeping L&D’s capabilities current and future-ready.
Aligning the learning strategy with the business strategy, planning to move the business forward and guiding execution of L&D tactics in line with strategy.
Manage and improve L&D processes
Managing L&D business processes and their continuous improvement.
Manage L&D procurement and finances
Specifying, sourcing, ordering and receiving supplies, services and assets required for L&D activities. Building and maintaining supplier relationships and managing supplier performance. Managing operating and capital budget allocated to L&D.
Manage L&D resources
Ensuring adequate capacity, availability and optimal utilisation of people, facilities and equipment to meet current and future organisational learning requirements and provide a seamless end-to-end customer experience.
Manage technology for learning
Working with others to manage the technology strategy, roadmap and tools used to enable the individual and organisational learning and performance needs of today – and the innovations of tomorrow.
Support work teams
Working with line and project managers to help a work team perform by working, collaborating and learning effectively together.