Digital Learning & Training Events Officer
£28K-£32K Basic Salary + 11% employer pension contribution
An exciting hybrid role offering lots of variety with an education charity that aim to ensure that all children, regardless of their background, have access to a great education. In this role, you will be project managing the schedule of classroom and virtual training events, as well as designing and developing digital learning content and administering the learning within the LMS.
This job aligns to the LPI’s Capability Map see how
- Provide effective operational support for the delivery of the organisations training events (virtual and in-person)
- Provide 1st line support to learners, assisting with any queries they may have
- Project manage the schedule of the training events, ensuring no overlaps
- Organise logistics of the training events and attend the events when required
- Send out invites to the training sessions and prepare materials, e.g. handouts
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and apply digital learning best practice to produce high quality and engaging eLearning courses
- Develop digital learning solutions using rapid authoring tools, such as Articulate Storyline, Rise and Vyond, as well as the in-built course design tool on the LMS
- Film, produce and edit training videos
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the learning content
- Explore ways of improving the layout and design of courses built on the platform using HTML
- Upload digital learning onto the LMS and test to ensure it is accessible to learners
- Provide day to day support with the management of the LMS
- Analyse patterns in learner queries and suggest recommendations for ways to improve the online learning platform
- Strong project management skills with a keen eye for attention to detail
- Knowledgeable in authoring tools e.g. Articulate, Vyond, Camtasia and others
- Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- Good HTML skills to support the creation of webpages and eLearning modules
- Excellent IT skills, with specific skill in using Microsoft Office applications and SharePoint and Learning Management Systems
- Genuine passion for developing and providing opportunity for others
- Experience of designing and developing eLearning using authoring tools, such as Articulate Storyline or Rise
- Experience of coordinatingproject managing training events
- Experience of administrating a learning platform, VLE or LMS
- Experience of working with subject matter experts and senior stakeholders to builddesign digital learning content resources
- Educated to degree level or equivalent qualifications or experience
LPI Capability Map
This role aligns to the following competencies on the LPI’s Capability Map. If you plan to apply for this job, it will help your application to submit your Capability Map Competency Profile, in addition to your CV.
Design and develop solutions
Create and manage content
(Co-)Creating relevant learning content using sound learning design principles, and ensuring content is aligned with needs analysis and learning solution design and assessment strategy. Editing content when required to maintain, accuracy and relevance.
Design and develop solutions
(Co-)Designing and developing learning experiences and solutions that include appropriate formal and informal learning solutions, resources and performance support, ensuring that business, performance and learner requirements are met.
Initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing the work of teams on L&D projects to achieve goals and meet success criteria.