Business Development Manager
£40K- £45K Basic Salary
|Role||Sales and marketing|
A superb career opportunity with a global provider of research, consultancy and related services within risk and compliance management. The Business Development Manager will own and lead both the proactive (outbound) and reactive (inbound) engagement of all new prospects in the sales process and implement an effective new business development process.
The initial remit will be consultative, research-based telephone conversations with Risk Managers, Chief Communication Officers etc. to qualify and generate leads, arrange meetings for the Sales Director etc. The role is expected to rapidly evolve, to incorporate the full sales cycle within six months.
- Responsibility for the new business development process
- Perform research-based and consultative telephone conversations to generate interest, arrange appointments etc.
- Achieve personal lead generation, meeting and/or sales targets
- Selling the full portfolio of services including research, memberships, consultancy services
- Over time, incorporating full sales and business development responsibility
- Attend industry trade shows and training seminars where appropriate
- Prepare accurate reports on sales activities, sales pipeline etc.
- Work with Sales Director to implement sales and account plans
- Keep up to date with latest industry trends, buying behaviours etc.
- Minimum of two years B2B commercial sales experience
- Proven track record of achieving personal sales targets
- Possessing gravitas and credibility with clients
- Articulate, with the ability to rapidly assimilate sometimes complex information
- Excellent telephone manner
- Ability to communicate persuasively with senior level stakeholders and decision makers
- Strong questioning and listening skills
- Consultative sales experience
- Experience of selling to Risk Managers, Chief Communication Officers or similar would be an advantage
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office, Salesforce)